Sunday 25 January 2015

A Side Note on Inquiry

During our discussions of the learning process/model the school will undertake, the word Inquiry came up. It is a commonly used word within education environments. Usually you hear it in the context of, "we are doing Inquiry, or "it is Inquiry time." 

My brain tells me that Inquiry is a verb. It is an act of finding out the answer to a question. Therefore you can 'make an Inquiry' about a topic

Topic seems to be bad language in education. But, I believe, it has its merit. We teach a process of inquiry about whatever  topic child is learning about. 

In the coming year, I will be careful of language and I will be listening out for what others say - perhaps I can be persuaded otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog through Twitter #getting connected!! It's fabulous! I love the title and the quote...your are already moving mountains just by being here 😃 glad to be part of your journey!

    ReplyDelete